Matt-A-Graphics Inc. (1995 — present)
President and CEO of this marketing and communications company providing private sector and government clients with tools, structure and strategy to function and communicate more effectively within their organizations and to external target groups. Trained and mentored in bilingual document production during the first 6 years of business by Patricia Goodman, the woman responsible for production of Canada’s Constitution and both Quebec referendums.
- Typesetting the blueprint for Canada’s information highway: Industry Canada’s Information Highway Advisory Council (IHAC) Report.
- First forward slash off Canada Post’s web site (/tagsandlabels)
- Invention of the Flash e-brochure in 1996 (in conjunction with Industry Canada)
- Competition Bureau’s first website
- Design/typesetting of more than 100 premium Industry Canada publications
- Trade Team Canada English and Japanese PowerPoint presentations
- Typesetting of Canada Post corporate training manuals, instructor guides, and creation of CBT modules for 5 years
- Design/typesetting of Canada Post corporate marketing materials for 3 years
- Design and delivery of a Career Hunter’s Workshop for Algonquin Technology Institute
- Hummingbird e-brochure (most downloaded collateral in the history of the company)
- Canada’s Digital Collections website (Industry Canada)
- Generations CanConnect website + e-brochure (Industry Canada)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) “Pest Alert” poster series
MGi provides “best practices” search marketing support services through a strategic partnership Stephen Lau (Salient Marketing) who reunited in 2011 after a 6 year hiatus where Matt co-founded the C2C Global Logistics Group.
C2C Global Logistics Group Inc. (2005–2010)
President and co-founder of this CSA-approved, Canada/U.S. bonded, high-value, high-risk (HVHR) carrier and broker providing freight transportation and consulting services to a diverse range of clients who benefit from personalized attention and expert support for their North American and international shipping needs. C2C’s head office is located on Bentley Ave. in Ottawa ON with a U.S. satellite office in Grapevine TX.
At the time of Matt’s departure in 2010, this 50 employee conglomerate (including owner-operators) with sales approaching 10 million was comprised of 5 separate corporations operating in two countries. Operation units consisted of separate Canadian and U.S. trucking divisions and a North American brokerage division. Role included financing, human resources, assembly of all administrative support structure elements for the financial, operational, and organizational business segments, marketing collateral and all strategic written business documents including Website, forms, contracts, driver manuals, job descriptions, procedures, internal Wiki, and all other support documents.
Alpha-Slips Inc. (2002-2005)
Compact disc organization system invention marketed in Canada and the U.S.A. (see “As Seen on TV” commercial). Killed by the iPod.
ATI Career Hunter Workshop (1999)
Created and delivered separate one and two day job hunter workshops for Algonquin Technology Institute (ATI) as a supplemental initiative to help improve the job placement statistics for this information technology training company.
Industry Canada (1990-1993)
Core member of development team for the Industry Profiles Distribution System (IPDS), a custom-built multi-relational database created to manage the distribution and inventory of 118 different Industry Profile publications and provide strategic mailing list services to ISTC client branches (cost recovery). Oversaw all data input, demographic coding, warehousing, program upgrades, daily order fulfillment, and mass mailings for this system which distributed more that 900,000 publications over a 24 month period.
Algonquin College Student’s Association (1988-1990)
Pioneered first Marketing department for this independent corporation serving four Algonquin campuses in both official languages. Assembled first departmental budget and developed all tools and service promotion channels for Programming, Revenue Operations and Athletics divisions.
- Conception, writing and production supervision of Algonquin’s first student information-daytimer, “Insta-Guide” (editions 1, 2 and 3).
- Conception, writing, design and distribution of a new bi-weekly college newsletter “Info-Connection”
- Creation of “G-Force” in-house banner service
- Implementation of a Algonquin’s first college-wide billboard regulation system.
- Introduction of in-house desktop publishing (Apple SE30)
- Redesign and co-management of a 300 student information dissemination system
- Orientation lectures; and service on a variety of college committees.
- Writing of all written policies, procedures and job descriptions for 5 support personnel.
Ottawa Carleton Safety Council (1985 – 1988)
Motor Cycle Riding Course Instructor (Ministry of Transportation)
Algonquin College (1985-1987)
3-Year Business Administration Diploma, Marketing Major
Ottawa’s Great Pumpkin Halloween Charity Ball (2007 – present)
Event organizer for Ottawa’s Great Pumpkin Charity Ball, an annual 750 guest costume gala that has so far raised $45,732 for the Canadian Cancer Society and the Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing (CADS) — National Capital Division. The party is supported by local professionals and over 100 student volunteers from Carleton University, Ottawa University and Algonquin College who set-up, staff and tear-down of the event.
Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing (CADS) (2003 – present)
Advocate and volunteer for he Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing (CADS-NCD), a volunteer based organization that assists individuals with disabilities lead richer and fuller lives through active participation in recreational and competitive snow skiing and snowboarding. CADS is a national organization with 1130 disabled members and 1900 abled-bodied volunteers from all regions of Canada, committed to the idea that “Skiing is fun for everyone”. See Matt and Marc-Antoine in action on YouTube.